Effective May 1, 2015
- Monthly Customer Charge: $14 per month.
- Energy Charges All Months: $0.10389 per kilowatt-hour supplied in the month
The charges to all customers for each kilowatt hour (kwh) supplied under all rates except for market rates and those with a separate contract shall be adjusted by a Purchased Power Adjustment Factor (PPAF) to reflect the actual changes in the cost of purchased power. The adjustment will be calculated as a rate for all customers and applied to customer utility bills on a per kwh basis in the same manner as the fixed rates.
The PPAF will be determined to the nearest $001 in accordance with the following formula: ((PP + T - WR) / K) x (TKP / TKS) - BC
- PPAF = Purchased Power Adjustment Factor
- PP = Cost of purchased power form all suppliers and from the PJM market in the month 2 months prior to the billing month, including any ancillary costs directly related to the cost of purchased power.
- T = Cost of transmission in the month 2 months prior to the billing month, for all power purchased or sold, including any ancillary costs directly related to the cost of transmission, less transmission revenue.
- WR = Revenue from wholesale sales in the month 2 months prior, including sales of excess power into the PJM market.
- K = Number of kilowatt hours purchased in the month 2 months prior to the billing month.
- TKP = Total kilowatt hours purchased in the 12 preceding calendar months.
- TKS = Total kilowatt hours sold at retail and wholesale in the 12 preceding calendar months
- BC = Base Cost of power purchased including cost of delivery
BC = $0.06882 per kWh
The PPAF shall be calculated and applied to customer bills on a monthly basis consistent with the above calculation except for those customers that use budget billing. Budget billing customers will have the PPAF applied on a monthly basis but will accumulate the adjustment and such adjustment will be incorporated when the budget billing amount is adjusted as required.
In the event that the information necessary to calculate the PPAF is delayed or unavailable, the PPAF may be calculated and applied in a following month in order to avoid a delay in the issuance of billings.
Electric Tax & Franchise Fee
The State of Illinois requires the City of Batavia to collect an Electric Excise Tax. The tax is the lower of 5% of total electric charges (before taxes or franchise fees) or .0032 cents per kWh. The City of Batavia collects the tax and remits it to the State of Illinois Department of Revenue each month.
The City of Batavia charges a 4% Franchise Fee on the total electric charges. This franchise fee is collected and paid to the City of Batavia's general operations fund. This franchise fee supports general operations of the City of Batavia and allows the City of Batavia to levy lower property taxes. The franchise fee is a local tax and would be charged to electric customers if the utility were an investor owned utility or public utility.
Terms of Service
The customer’s term of service shall commence when service is established and shall continue for not more than 10 days after notice is received to discontinue service.
Payments received after the due date will receive a late fee of 5%. Utilities may be shut off when billings of $50 or more remains unpaid for more than 30 days or when billings less than $50 remain unpaid for more than 60 days. Failure to receive a bill will not be considered a reason for non-payment. Once service is disconnected or payment is made after the final notice cut-off time, an automatic $30 reconnection fee shall be required in addition to the full outstanding past-due balance. A charge of $75 shall be paid for reinstatement if performed at times other than regular working hours in addition to payment in full of any outstanding past-due balance and penalty. A $15 fee will be assessed for any check returned by the bank for any reason.
We hope you understand the necessity for these polices.