2022 BRUSH COLLECTION SCHEDULE
|East Side Collection||West Side Collection|
|April 4||April 11|
|May 9||May 16|
|June 20||June 27|
|August 1||August 8|
|September 12||September 19|
|October 17||October 24|
|November 28 – Citywide||November 28 – Citywide|
Curbside residential brush collection will resume in April for residents that pay the monthly leaf/brush fee on their utility bill. Please note that the interval between collection dates has changed, so your collection week doesn’t occur the same week each month; there are still seven collections per season. Brush/limbs are to be at the curb for collection no later than 7 a.m. on Monday of your scheduled week, but no sooner than the weekend before that. Crews will make only one pass by each residence. Brush placed out after our crews have passed will not be collected until the next scheduled pickup date.
Residents can view the status of the current brush collection cycle. During the active brush collection season, updates are posted on the pick-up map by 9 a.m. on weekdays from Tuesday through Friday and will show all areas collected as of the end of the previous day for the side of town in progress. If your street is shown in red on the map, that indicates it has been completed for this cycle.
The amount of brush that has been placed out citywide in any given month dictates how quickly your area will be reached, but each side of town is typically completed by Friday of the scheduled week. The monthly collections are intended to handle most minor storm damage limbs that fall during the season, and special collections are done very rarely. Major storms may affect the schedule, and a notice of any special brush collection will be posted on the City’s website. If your brush was out at 7 a.m. on Monday of your scheduled collection week and not collected by the end of the workday on Friday, please notify the Public Properties & Services Division at 630-454-2400 no later than the following Monday.
The following procedures must be followed to ensure the collection of your brush:
- Maximum diameter is 6" (logs cannot be split); maximum length of limbs is 12’.
- Brush should be stacked into one large pile in the front/side parkway with cut ends facing the curb, and placed away from parkway trees, mailboxes, utility poles/boxes, hydrants, and parked vehicles. Brush will not be collected from alleys or vacant lots.
- Brush/limbs must not be tied, bundled, in containers, bagged, or put on the street.
- Do not place any stumps, roots, landscape material, lumber, firewood, or foreign objects in the brush pile.
- Program is for resident-generated brush only, not contractor tree removals or trimming.
- Brush left out on the parkway between collection dates is subject to a possible code violation citation.
For materials that do not meet the above specifications:
- Waste Management will collect yard waste bags/32-gallon cans (not to exceed 50 pounds per bag/32-gallon can) consisting of twigs, evergreen clippings, roots, stumps, and plants on your regular trash collection day, beginning the week of March 14. During the weeks of March 14 and March 21, 2022, yard waste will be collected without a sticker. For the remainder of the season, March 28 through November 30, a refuse sticker should be attached to the yard waste bag or 32-gallon can. If a can is used, it should be clearly marked "Yard Waste" on the side facing the street.
- Residents with limbs/brush exceeding the requirements for the program can contact a private service to have it removed at the resident’s expense.
- Unincorporated residents should contact their township offices regarding brush collection services that may be available to them.