Proposed Near East Downtown Tax Increment Financing District 6
The Near East Downtown Tax Increment Financing District (TIF 6) is a proposed TIF that would be established out of several existing parcels in TIF 3 and all of TIF 5. The new District would facilitate the One North Washington Place project. This page will be updated through the review process for this district with information particular to the TIF District. Please also see the One North Washington Place project page for updates specific to that proposal.
The eligibility study has been completed and planned for completion in late July with formal consideration by the City Council of a Redevelopment Plan and Program in September. A Resolution of Official Intent for the proposed District was approved by the City Council on August 17, 2020. This was approved along with a new Redevelopment Agreement for One Washington Place and Planned Development approval for that development.
Please see the One Washington Project Page for Additional Information. TIF 6 documents are accessible below.
Update January 5, 2021
At the January 4, 2021 meeting, the City Council meeting approved several Ordinances, which would remove prospective TIF 6 properties from existing TIF Districts 1 and 3 and dissolve TIF District 5 in its entirety. Also on this agenda were Ordinances to approve a Redevelopment Plan and Program, designate the Near East Downtown Redevelopment Project Area and adopt TIF 6. Each item was approved by a vote of 8-7 (Mayor breaking a tie vote).
Update September 21, 2020
At the meeting on September 8, 2020, City Council approved ordinances establishing an Interested Parties Registry, and setting dates for both a Public Hearing and Joint Review Board Meeting regarding the establishment of TIF # 6 which would include the redevelopment site for One Washington Place.
- The Joint Review Board Meeting is scheduled for October 1, 2020 at 10:30 AM at City Council Chambers. If you would like to make remote live comment during the public comment portion of the meeting, please send a request to email@example.com with your name, phone number to contact you, and the date and time of the meeting. You may also send a written comment to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting. Written comment will not be read at the meeting but will be made part of the record of the meeting.
- A Public Hearing is scheduled for November 2, 2020 at 7:30 PM at City Council Chambers. Please see information above regarding how to make remote live comment or to submit written comment.
- Applications to be included on the Interested Party Registry are now available in the Community Development Department.
Update August 18, 2020
At the City Council meeting on August 17, 2020, City Council approved the Third Amended and Restated Redevelopment Agreement with the developer of the One Washington Place project. The project is contingent upon the establishment of a new TIF district (TIF #6). The incremental tax revenue created by the project will be used to pay bond debt for the construction of the 331-space public parking garage and to reimburse the developer for certain TIF reimbursable costs associated with the private development.
TIF 6 Documents
- TIF 6 Redevelopment Plan & Program Draft (8/4/20)
- Request for Alternative Proposals
- Interested Parties Registry Notice
- Resolution 20-097: Expressing Official Intent Regarding Certain Expenditures To Be Reimbursed From The Special Tax Allocation Fund, From Proceeds Of An Obligation Issued, If Any, Or Other Sources From Such Fund In Connection With A Proposed Tax Increment Financing District Commonly Described As The Near East Downtown Redevelopment Project Area
- Ordinance 21-01: An Ordinance Dissolving Tax Increment Financing District No. (Washington-Wilson Redevelopment District)
- Ordinance 21-02: An Ordinance Amending Ordinance 89-90 Eliminating Property From The Riverfront Redevelopment Area Tax Increment Financing District (TIF #1)
- Ordinance 21-03: An Ordinance Amending Ordinance 04-09 Eliminating Property From The Downtown Redevelopment Area Tax Increment Financing District (TIF #3)
- Ordinance 21-04: An Ordinance Approving The Near East Downtown Tax Increment Financing District Redevelopment Plan And Program
- Ordinance 21-05: An Ordinance Designating The Near East Downtown District Redevelopment Project Area Of The City Of Batavia As A Redevelopment Project Area Pursuant To The Tax Increment Allocation Redevelopment Act, As Amended
- Ordinance 21-06: An Ordinance Adopting Tax Increment Financing For The Near East Downtown District Redevelopment Project Area