Applications & Handouts
- Building Permit Application (PDF) - All construction applications require completion of a building permit. This application form is used for all types of work. Certain types of work can be applied for with the Online Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Fee Schedule - This page specifies the fees for the different types of Building Permits
- Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) (PDF) - All building permits for exterior improvements within the Historic District require a Certificate of Appropriateness approval from the Historic Preservation Commission. The Commission reviews COAs for compliance with the Historic Preservation Design Guidelines (PDF).
- Driveway Permit (PDF) - All new and replacements driveways require a Driveway permit. This application includes a right of way permit for work
- Portable Signs in the Downtown Mixed Use District (PDF) - This packet includes basic information for portable signs in the Downtown Mixed Use District (DMU). All Portable Signs require a building permit application. Portable signs placed on public sidewalks require a Portable Sign Sidewalk License application.
- Building Code Appeal (PDF) - This application is used to appeal on a decision related to the interpretation of the building code.
- Plat of Survey Requirements (PDF)
- Porches and Sunrooms (PDF)
- Residential Alteration (PDF)
- Residential Building Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Roofing/Re-roofing (PDF)
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) System Permit Application Checklist (PDF)
- Storage Sheds (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Draining Guide (PDF)
- Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs (PDF)
Planning and Zoning Applications
Projects that involve a Public Hearing or Meeting process before the Plan Commission or City Council. Please contact the Community & Economic Development Department's Planning and Zoning Division for assistance with projects that require these applications. Staff will inform you of when these applications are required.
- Proposed Development Plan Review and Pre-Development Checklist (PDF) - City Staff offers a Pre-Development Project Review to potential applicants to discuss and review projects. Contact Planning Division staff to arrange a meeting to review a proposed project. This checklist includes the basic information that should be submitted with any Pre-Development Project Review.
- Planning and Zoning Fee Schedule - This fee schedule lists the application fees for Planning and Zoning Applications.
- Annexation Petition (PDF) - Application to annex property into the city.
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment (PDF) - Application to request a text or map change for the Comprehensive Plan
- Use Permits (PDF) - Certain uses in zoning districts require special approval. This application is required to request approval of any of these uses through the Conditional Use or Administrative Use process.
- Design Review (PDF) - Required for any new non-single family residential construction, expansion or re-design for multi-family, commercial or industrial building. All design review applications are to comply with the Standard Design Review Criteria for Commercial and Institutional Projects (PDF), the Standard Design Review Criteria for Industrial Projects (PDF) and Multifamily Design Guidelines (PDF), as adopted by the Batavia Plan Commission.
- Administrative Design Review (PDF) - Administrative Design Review is a streamlined design review process for minor projects such as signage, certain types of screening fences and small building additions and modifications to existing approvals.
- Zoning Map Amendment (PDF) - This application is required for a request to change a zoning district or add a Planned Development or other Overlay District on a property.
- Subdivision (PDF) - This application is required for either a preliminary or final plat of subdivision.
- Variance (PDF) - This application is to request a variance from the Zoning Code.
- Zoning Appeals (PDF) - This form is for a request to appeal a decision of staff, the Plan Commission or the Board of Appeals.
- Downtown Improvement Grant Program Application and Handout (PDF) - The Downtown Improvement Grant is a program that is designed to encourage reinvestment in the downtown and encourage new entertainment, restaurant, retail and residential uses in the downtown area. This is an on-going matching grant program, reimbursing up to 50% of actual improvement costs to a maximum of $25,000. The program is funded by the City's Tax Increment Finance Districts. The program is managed by the Economic Development Department.
- Downtown Signage Assistance Program Application and Handout (PDF) - This program, newly established for 2014 provides a grant of up to 50% up to $1,000 for sign design, fabrication and installation costs for new signs in the Downtown Historic District and a Tax Increment Finance District. The program is managed by the Economic Development Department. This program was established by Resolution 13-144R (PDF).
- Facade Improvement Program Application and Handout (PDF) - The facade improvement program is in place to assist in the improvement of buildings located in both the Downtown Historic District and the Tax Increment Finance District. This package includes the rules and application requirements for participating in this yearly program. The program is managed by the Economic Development Department.
- Bodywork Establishment License Application (PDF) - A license is required to establish and maintain a Bodywork establishment in the City. Applications are submitted to the Community & Economic Development Department. An Bodywork Establishment Background Authorization (PDF) is also required for Batavia Police to conduct a background search as part of this application. Batavia Police provides assistance in the review of applications.
- Residential Plumbing Review Sheet (PDF) - Residential projects that involve the installation of new plumbing require this form.
- State of Illinois Evaluation Procedure for Capacity of Existing Water Service for Residential Home Additions and Alterations (PDF) - This release addresses the state plumbing requirements for water service sizing for residential home additions.
Right of Way Permit Applications (ROW Permits)
The following permit applications are tailored for the different types of right of way projects and include information pertinent to each project type.
- Right of Way Permit - General (PDF) - This form is for general projects that involve work within the right of way, such as curb or sidewalk removal and replacement, street cuts, sump pump connections and utility improvements and repairs.
- Right of Way Permit - Parkway Tree (PDF) - This form is to be submitted when the only right of way work is for the planting of a tree in the parkway.
- Right of Way Permit - Service Walk (PDF) - This form is to be submitted when a service walk is being repaired or replaced.
Utility Construction/Installation Applications
- Residential Electric Application for Service Installation (PDF)
- Commercial Electric Application for Service Installation (PDF)