1. NOTICE is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Batavia, Illinois
(hereinafter called the "Owner") will receive sealed bids at the Public Works
Department, Attn: Zac Bonesz, 200 N. Raddant Rd., Batavia, Illinois 60510-1930,
until 11 o’clock A.M. local time on December 2, 2022 for the construction of the
Randall Road Lift Station Improvements (hereinafter called the "Project") at which time
and place the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
2. This is a cash project.
3. The work for which bids are to be received generally and briefly consists of the
- Rehabilitation of existing wet well, including converting the suction lift stylepumps to submersible style pumps.
- Replacement of all internal piping, controls, electrical system and SCADA connection.
- Internal structural lining of wet well
- Installation of a prefabricated above ground valve and quick-connect chamber
- New manholes on incoming sewers.
- Site and landscaping improvements
4. All work shall be in accordance with the specifications as set forth in the Contract
Documents, plans and other State and Local regulations as applicable.
5. The proposal from the Contractor shall consist of the submission of the completed
Contract Documents and supplemental addendums as received from the Owner. The
bid shall be made on the BID PROPOSAL, BID SCHEDULE, BID CONDITIONS, AND
BID BOND provided as part of these Bidding Documents and shall be accompanied
by a bid guarantee in the form of a Certified or Cashier’s check from a responsible
solvent bank or Bid Bond made payable to the City of Batavia in the amount of five
percent (5%) of the bid amount. The amount of the bid guarantee shall be forfeited to
the Owner if the Bidder neglects or refuses to enter into a Contract or to furnish
performance security after the bid has been accepted.
6. Bidders to whom an award may be contemplated shall provide a copy of their I.D.O.T.
responsible bid and the Owner reserves the
right to reject any and all bids, offers, or proposals submitted, or to advertise for new
bids. The Owner reserves the right to defer the acceptance of any bid and the award
of a Contract for a period not exceeding sixty (60) days after the date of opening the
bids. The public bid opening date is 2nd December, 2022 at 11:00 A.M.
9. The successful Bidder to whom the Contract shall be awarded shall sign the
Contract, furnish a Performance Bond, or Letter of Credit in amounts equal to one
hundred ten percent (110%) of the Contract Amount and required Certificates of
Insurance, within fifteen (15) calendar days after the Contract has been awarded.
Failure to do so shall make the Contract null and void.
10. Bidders are advised of the following requirements of this contract: 1) Illinois
PrevailingWage; 2) 5% Bid Security with submittal of bid; 3) 110% Performance
Security within fifteen (15) calendar days after Contract award; 4) applicable
OSHA and EPA requirements.
11, Bid package (Instructions to Bidders, Contract Documents, Plans, Specifications and
Special Provisions) for use by prospective Bidders and interested suppliers may be
obtained by contacting Zac Bonesz at . A nonrefundable
charge of Twenty-five Dollars ($ 25.00) dollars will be assessed for each printed set of plans and specifications.